Sunday, October 20, 2013

Plovers in Diamond Creek, Vic.

We were visiting friends in Diamond Creek last week, and heard a commotion outside. Our friends said their cat must have disturbed the Plovers, who have built their nest on the flat roof. They said there are babies somewhere because they can hear them cheeping, but haven't been able to find them. I went outside with my camera to take some photos and the Plovers became very agitated, so I figured their babies must be fairly close.





I moved around the yard until I could hear cheeping on the other side of a fence. When I leaned over the fence, one of the adult plovers flew up at me, so I ducked back, and when it was back on the roof I had another peep over the fence and saw one chick. Staying very still but still visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment